Information, Advice & Guidance
What we do
The Learner Information Service has qualified/ trained, helpful and friendly officers, who provide impartial support to learners in all aspects of their journey including:
- Change of career discussions
- Advice & guidance discussions
- Support with application, assessment & interview processes
- Progression onto another level or a new course
- Help with CV & job interview skills
- Signposting to relevant Learner Services department within the college or to reliable and appropriate providers
- Fee information & enrolment
- Issues with timetable/attendance
- General learning needs
Whether an answer to a quick question or one-to-one advice is needed, the Learner Information Service is here to respond and help all learners achieve their goals.
As we are MATRIX accredited our staff and services have been successfully assessed and awarded a nationally recognised quality kitemark. We have many partners which enables us to assist you in accessing a broad range of services within our partnerships.
Learner Information Service - opening times
Freephone: 020 8741 1688 - 9am-5pm Monday to Thursday and 9-4.30pm on Fridays.
If you are calling from outside the UK, please ring +44 (0) 20 8741 1688.
All our offices have disabled access, minicom, loop system and can provide College publications in large print or Braille upon prior requests. If you have a disability or specific requirements please do let us know so we can make the necessary arrangements.
The LIS's services don't end when you leave College - many of our students come back to see us for additional help with choices for further training, advice on CVs or interviews or just to say 'thank you, I made it'!
Find out more about Enrolment.